Welcome to Campbell & McDearmid Optometrists; the home of stylish and sophisticated glasses
Our team at Campbell & McDearmid Optometrists is dedicated to providing you with quality eye care and eye wear to suit your individual needs, whilst also giving you friendly, personal service at a fair price.
We pride ourselves on supplying you with the most advanced eye examination possible, using the best technology, such as the Panoramic 200 Scanning Laser Ophthalmoscope (Optomap Retinal Exam) and the Humphrey Field Analyzer 11. To learn more about the equipment used in our recommended eye test visit our Eye Examination page.
As an independent practice we are free to select our frames, spectacle lenses and contact lenses from a world wide range of leading manufacturers. This means that when you visit us at Campbell and McDearmid Opticians in the wonderful seaside town of Redcar, we can offer you a wide choice of products including a full range of frame styles to suit all ages, sizes and budgets, including a wide selection of designer brands.
Our services are provided by people you can trust, who are well trained with the skills to meet your visual needs.
- Standard or comprehensive eye tests for both NHS and Private Clients
- Optomap Retinal Exam
- VDU examinations
- Visual Field Assessments
- Low Vision Aids
- Colour Vision Testing (City & Ishihara)
- D.E.M. Test (Developmental EyeMovement Test)
- Intuitive Colour Overlays
- Glasses including Designer ranges for both adults and children
- Sunglasses, prescription and non prescription for both adults and children
- Sports eyewear specifically for cycling, skiing, golf, swimming etc. all available with or without prescription
- Safety glasses
- Repairs and adjustments
- Contact lenses and contact lens aftercare
- Contact lens trials with free trial lenses (disposables)
- Contact lens solutions
- Eyeplan monthly payment plan to spread the cost of eye care and eyewear
- Single vision, bifocal, progressive (varifocal) lenses, degressive (office) lenses ( for reading & VDU)
- Plastic and glass, photochromic lenses
- Ultra thin and specialist lenses from leading manufacturers such as Essilor. Pentax, Kodak, Zeiss, Nikon, Seiko and Hoya
Personalised High Resolution Vision:
We can have varifocals made for the way your eyes work using the Visi Office System. This calculates your eye/head strategy when viewing peripheral objects and Varilux S4D lenses are designed to match this visual behaviour, so wearers can enjoy exceptional visual clarity.
We can take images of you wearing frames and display them on screen, up to four at a time, to assist you in selection of the most suitable for you. This is particularly useful if you find it difficult to see without your glasses. We can also demonstrate how your prescription would look with high index lenses (thinner lenses) compared to standard lenses and show you the benefits of other available lens technology.Next